Dr. Santi Kulprathipanja
Director, Regional Research and Development
Honeywell UOP, Des Plaines, IL, USA
Dr. Santi Kulprathipanja has worked at Honeywell UOP since 1978. Santi has been recognized as a distinguished UOP inventor for being named on 115 U.S. Patents. His list of UOP innovations and contributions include
(1) UOP adsorptive separation processes such as Parex, MX Sorbex, Molex, Olex, Sarex, MaxEne, MMP Sorbex, Cresol, and Ebex.
(2) developing mixed matrix membranes, and
(3) lecturing Refining and Petrochemical courses at PPC, Chulalongkorn University for over 20 years.
He also gives lectures to students at leading universities in Southeast Asia countries (Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Myanmar, Malaysia and Philippines) as well as China and Egypt.
Santi received the following awards:
1) AIChE Clarence G. Gerhold in Separation (2012),
2) Honeywell Distinguished Technology Award (2010),
3) Distinguished Achievement Citation, Chulalongkorn University Alumni Association (2008),
4) Distinguished Achievement Citation of the Iowa State University Alumni Association (2000).
In addition, Santi also received in 2009 an honorary degree from Chulalongkorn University –one of Thailand's most prestigious universities- in recognition of his worldwide contributions to separation science, refining and petrochemical technologies.
Santi is the editor and co-author of 2 books entitled “Zeolites in Industrial Separation and Catalysis” (2010) and "Reactive Separation Process" (2002). He is the author or co-author of many book chapters and over 80 peer-reviewed scientific articles.
Santi received a PhD from Iowa State University in 1974 after obtaining a BS (1968) from Chulalongkorn University of Bangkok and an MS (1970) from Texas A&M University, Commerce. After obtaining his PhD, Santi spent three years as Research Associate at MIT and Harvard University.